My name is Eimear Burke. I am a practising Druid and work both as a Psychologist and as a Celebrant.
Eimear Burke RGN, BA, MSc. Couns Psych, MIACP, AFPsSI,
In my practice as a Psychologist:
- I see adults, adolescents, children, couples and groups.
- I liaise and consult with members of many different disciplines, eg. GPs, Teachers, Community Psychiatric Nurses, Social Workers, Mental Health and Disability Advocates.
- I work as a supervisor with Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Advocates, and Substance Abuse Workers.
- I am a guest lecturer on BA and MA courses in Development Studies both in Dublin and Tanzania.
- I am a board member and Chairperson of the Childcare Advisory Committee of Barretstown which is an international residential Therapeutic Recreation Camp for children with serious illness.
- I also act as a consultant psychotherapist with Smashing Times Theatre Company.
I am a Druid, and a member of OBOD (The Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids). With my late husband, Howard Campbell, I founded the Kilkenny Druid Grove, which is based at our home in 3 Castles in Kilkenny. Our Grove hosts celebrations for all eight festivals in the Wheel of the Year. The ceremonies are attended by Druids and Pagans of all paths, as well as by people from all sections of our local community. Our aim was to promote Druidry as a creative way of living in balance with the natural world.
My work as a celebrant means that I create and facilitate rites of passage for people, marking all the important events in life from baby-namings to funerals. I particularly enjoy performing handfastings, and am licensed to carry out legal marriages in the Republic of Ireland.
As a Priestess of The Fellowship of Isis, I work to honour the Goddess and the Divine Feminine in all her forms.
As a storyteller, I take a particular pride in continuing the oral tradition of Irish folklore, and focus on Irish mythology.